I can honestly say that one of our favorite fruits in our home are, blueberries especially frozen ones. I remember giving them to the girls when they were just babies during the times they were teething. They’ve loved them ever since! We have recently started baking more. We enjoy the time together and who doesn’t love baking sweets, right?
Right before putting these cuties in the oven…..my little Hannah was so proud because we whisked the batter the old fashioned way. My mixer was nowhere to be found!
- 1⁄2 cup butter at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries or fresh blueberries
- For topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar, mixed with
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
Aren’t they pretty?
They are so delicious and great for breakfast!! Do you let your kids bake with you? It’s a super special time for us and we love it!